The CxSAST system architecture overview includes the following components:
CxSAST supports following clients (user interfaces):
- Web Portal - provides an intuitive web interface for managing and analyzing code scan projects for CxSAST.
- CxAudit - provides the capability to create or customize analysis queries for use in CxSAST.
- API - provides the capability for developers to create unique client implementations using the available APIs.
- CLI - provides a command line interface for CxSAST functionality and CI scenarios.
- IDE Plugins - provides scanning and integrated scan result navigation directly from the IDE development environment.
- CI Plugins - provides integration to CxSAST compatible plugins (e.g. Jenkins) for CI/CD scenarios.
CxSAST includes the following server components:
- WS (IIS Web Service) - controls CxManager actions (i.e. initiating scans, viewing results and generating reports).
- CxManager - manages and integrates system components, performs all system functions utilizing the IIS Web Service.
- Management & Orchestration (Optional) - manages security risk and orchestrates policy management, helping to drive decision across the organization based on actionable data.
- CxEngine - performs the code scans.
- Database - stores scan results and system settings.
- File System - controls how the data is stored and retrieved.
CxSAST supports following architecture types:
Communication between the CxClient and CxManager as well as communication between the CxManager and the CxEngine are via HTTP (by default). HTTPS can also be configured.