The following behavior changes apply to all hotfixes, starting from v8.9 HF3 and v8.8 HF18.
One executable will be provided (rather than two different executables for UI and CLI modes).
In order to trigger the UI Installation Mode, it is possible to follow one of these actions:
- Double click on the executable file
- Run it from the command line, without any parameter
- Run it from the command line with the '-win' parameter (e.g. C:\Temp>HF_name -win)
In order to run the Silent Installation Mode, run it from the command line with the '-cmd' parameter (e.g. C:\Temp>HF_name -cmd)
In addition, a command line call to HF.exe with the parameter '-h' or '-?' (e.g. C:\Temp>8.9HF3.exe -h) will print the existing parameter options. Using any other parameter will print an error message, existing parameter options and will exit installation with code '-1'
- Any successful installation (Win or CLI) will exit with code '0'
- Any failed installation (Win or CLI) will exit with code '1'
- Any call to the installer with incorrect parameters will exit with code '-1' without initiation of the installation
At the end of any execution (succeed, fail or help print) the hotfix will keep the CMD windows open for five seconds to enable viewing of the error code.
Hotfix installation logs can be found in the Checkmarx installation folder: C:\Program Files\Checkmarx\Logs\Installation\
If the hotfix Installation doesn’t start (e.g. hotfix initiated on wrong version), the log can be found in: %temp%\