A distributed architecture refers to a scenario where the server components are 'distributed' over multiple dedicated servers as explained in System Architecture Overview. To install the CxSAST Server in a distributed environment (on different dedicated hosts), you have to install each CxSAST Server component specified below on the respective host in the outlined order.
The installation or upgrade of each component must be performed from the same setup file (CxSetup.exe) as all components must be of the same version and build.
To start installing a component of CxSAST:
1. Verify that you downloaded the CxSAST installation package and that the third-party components have been made available as explained under Preparing CxSAST for Installation.
2. Run CxSetup.exe. The Checkmarx Welcome window is displayed.
3. Click <ADVANCED INSTALLATION> to continue, or X to exit. For upgrades, use <ADVANCED INSTALLATION> as well and select the required setup options to continue as explained below.
4. For both scenarios, the Checkmarx License Agreement window is displayed.
5. Review and accept the license agreement by checking I accept the terms in the License Agreement.
6. Click <NEXT> to continue. The Installation Options window is displayed.
For new installations, click <Select> to define the CxSAST installation location.
To avoid permission restrictions, install CxSAST in <root directory>:\Program Files .
For upgrades, previously installed location settings and product components are loaded from the existing configuration and cannot be changed. You can however install or remove product components by using the modify feature. For further information, refer to Modifying CxSAST.
7. Check the required component(s), for example Install CxManager, on the respective host where you start installing.
To continue installing the respective components on the respective dedicated hosts:
1. Install the components in the order outlined below.
2. Follow the links for further information and instructions on installing each component.
Installing CxManager. CxManager manages and integrates system components and contributes the JSON file with the engine settings that you need at a later stage.
Installing and Configuring ActiveMQ. The ActiveMQ manages the messaging queues and contributes the Message Queue parameters that are going to be loaded together with the engine configuration.